Investing in What Matters…
Syracuse Real Food Co-op is owned, controlled, and used by member-owners; individuals who are invested in the mutual benefit that our sustainable, thriving, cooperative commerce brings to our community.
Your contribution and continued participation in the Syracuse Real Food Co-op is a valuable investment for you individually. It is also an effective economic and social tool for our community. Equity contributions help the co-op support local farmers, producers, and artisans; provide jobs to the local community; and finance community outreach programs.
Coops are owned and democratically controlled by the people they serve. Being an owner is the best way to ensure that your co-op continues to meet your needs. There are other benefits to becoming an owner of SRFC. Those benefits include:
- A voice and a vote in the co-ops decisions
- Eligibility to run for our Board of Directors
- Eligibility to participate in owner committees
- Quarterly issues of The New Leaf mailed to your home
- Access to special ordering, so you can purchase items at discount prices
- 10% discount on monthly Owner Appreciation Days
- Special Owner only sales
- Discounts at businesses who participate in our Community Connections program
- Access to special owner events such as farm tours, movie nights, potlucks and more!
Becoming an Owner:
To become an owner, a one time $100.00 capital investment is required. Payment plans are available.* Please visit us at 618 Kensington Road, Syracuse, NY 13210.
Contact Amanda Gormley (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
*No one is denied ownership. If you are unable to make the up-front investment, you can still become an owner! Please contact us to make alternate payment arrangements.